Destiny 2 News Thread

28 posts in this topic

On Tuesday I will be sharing screenshots and possibly streaming the Destiny 2 Beta on PS4.  I know most, if not all of you are on PC, so it might not be the best "graphically wise", but it's something until the Beta in August and the actual release in October.

PC Specs Are In!

Minimum

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500 / AMD FX-6200
RAM: 6 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 / AMD Radeon R7 270

Recommended

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 / AMD FX-9590
RAM: 8 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 / AMD Radeon R9 390

Destiny 2 Beta and Final System Specs For 4K/60FPS

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2Ghz
Memory: 16GB Ram
Hard Drive: 500GB SSD

The above-mentioned specs are for 4K 60FPS performance. You can run the game on a GTX 1060, 1070, and even 1050 on lower settings. 

@Darkness @Booyah 

Booyah likes this

Destiny 2 Beta Review 

After playing the Beta, both The Homecoming Mission, the Inverted Spire Strike, and both Crucible types, and playing with all classes and guns (excluding snipers and fusions), I'm gonna name a couple of things I noticed that are good or need to be improved.

-The Homecoming Mission - The first mission they throw you is amazing.  The graphics were beautiful, you see all 3 of the Vanguard Leaders in a more combat perspective, with Cayde Humor of course.  I did encounter a bug here, don't know if it was intentional or not.  It's decently long for a regular mission, or maybe that's cause I did it like 5+ times xD

-The Strike - The one PVE Activity included in the Beta.  I told my friends I did this with, this felt like a mini-raid.  The boss is a 3 part boss, each part more difficult and each has a weakness.  Also, there is a slight jumping part, which makes it feel even more raid like.  Also, Power Ammo rarely drops, so a slight increase in those drops will help.  Did the strike a few times, and only saw Power Ammo drop around twice.

-The Crucible - After playing Control, I understand why they made the Crucible 4v4.  You take control points quicker now, so if it was 6v6, it would be even faster.  Countdown is actually very fun, I picked it up fairly quickly.  My advice, sent two to each point, unless the enemy team rush one point, then split 1/3.  Also, the change to Heavy Ammo (now called Power Ammo), is annoying as flip.  Two Power Ammo Caches open, but only the person who opens it gets it.  On the upside, now everyone will not run around with shotguns or snipers, since you need Power Ammo.  Downside, only one person gets power, and if it's the 1 random, or someone who is very quick to die, you lose out on the Power Ammo :/ 

-Classes Changes- THE COOLDOWNS NEED TO BE DECREASED!  Seriously, I don't know if it was because we were in beta, but Grenade and Melee cooldowns were so long.  Supers were even worse, you would be lucky to get your Super once in the Crucible.  These need to be decreased, whether it's from Armor Perks or Class Perks or in general.

• Titans: The mini shield is beautiful, I prefer the shorter one so you can still shoot.  The new Striker Super is even better, as it's not just one big FoH.  Also, shoulder charging seems to be automatic after running for a brief amount of time, then crashing into the enemy.  Not really found of the new Sentinel/Defender Replacement Shield, but then again, I rarely used the Bubble in D1, so I might be biased.
  • Hunters: The Golden Gun is still amazing, although the time you have to use it is pretty short.  Arcstrider is also good, I noticed sometimes you might have to use the ability 2x to kill an enemy Guardian in PVP, don't know if that's normal or a bug, as Bladedancer usually could one shot in the Crucible in D1.  One of the perks is Triple Jump or Blinking, regardless of which Hunter Class you are running.  I forgot the Hunters 3rd ability, will add to this once I review my stream xD 
  • Warlocks: I hate Warlocks, I cannot do the Warlock glide to save my life so I didn't play them too much xD I will say, Nova Bomb now tracks the enemy, but it's slow, so fairly easy to dodge or you can shoot it to explode into little grenades that move faster I believe.  The Sunsinger replacement is pretty hot, not gonna lie, and not because it's the Solar Based Class xD.  Warlocks' 3rd ability is to put a spot down on the floor that can heal and boost power I believe?  I used the heal only, so I can speak for the other perk.  Also heals allies as well.

-Weapons - Grenade Launchers need a buff.  They don't do crap in PVP and could be better in PVE.  They seem more like a PVE Weapon then PVP, but not by much.  Shotguns are still one-two shots, however you rarely see them due to the Power Ammo need.  Hand Cannons are amazing, and this is coming from someone who didn't use Hand Cannons much in D1.  Sub Machine Guns seem alright, didn't see much different in Scout Rifles or Auto Rifles, excluding the Exotic Auto Rifle they gave Titans in the Homecoming Mission by default.  That thing was pure trash.  Throughout the Beta, I ran with two hand cannons (one primary, one kinetic) and either a Shotgun (PVP) or the Grenade Launcher (PVE) in the Power Slot.