News Team and Guide Team Roster
1 1

19 posts in this topic

Welcome to The News Team!

QH15yYX.png

Editor-in-Chief:

Serene |SLDR|

Members of The News Team are divided into three main categories: writers, proofreaders, and interviewers.

• Writers develop content (e.g. write reviews, record videos, etc.) There is no limit on the number of writers.
  • Proofreaders edit content (e.g. correct spelling, grammar, formatting, and audio/video quality mistakes before the writers' work is published). They may also fact-check when needed. The number of proofreaders should not exceed the number of writers.
  • Interviewers conduct interviews.  An interview is conducted once every 2 weeks with the interviewers rotating the duty. The interviews must be recorded and transcribed in a timely manner after the interview is completed.
  • Newsletter Creators help create the Monthly Marauder Newsletter.  The newsletter is sent out each month on the 1st. The newsletter creator is responsible for completing sections of the newsletter by the date Serene assigns.

The section leader is the editor-in-chief and his/her assistants (usually seasoned proofreaders) are the managing editors.

• The editor-in-chief approves and trains new team members, handles archiving, and makes sure materials are published correctly and in a timely manner. He/She has the final say on any disputes. There is only one editor-in-chief.
  • Managing editors ensure that proofreaders are upholding quality standards and give the final approval on materials for publication. They may do their own round of proofreading before giving that approval, if needed. There is one managing editor for every 10 writers.

News Team Roster: 

Managing Editors:

TBA

Writers:

@Booyah |FDR|

@CowardlyViking | JNCO|

@guacgaming | SEM|

Proofreaders:

@CowardlyViking | JNCO|

Interviewers:

@ASDFChampion | SLDR |

Newsletter Creators:

@Darkness | JNCO |

The Guide Team is a subsection of the News Team dedicated to producing high-quality game play guides for MOBAs, shooters, RPGs, MMOs, and an array of other games. Some of these guides are designed to be introductions for new players, while others are aimed towards more advanced players trying to pick up new skills or improve their existing ones. Many of these guides will be in text form, but video guides are highly encouraged!

The team consists of Guide Creators who produce the content and managing editors who check the content for accuracy, relevance, and ease of use. Unlike other writers for the News Team, guide creators do not have any deadlines (although significantly extended periods of inactivity may lead to removal from the team).

Guide Team Roster: 

Managing Editors:

MOBAs - @Booyah |FDR|

Shooters - TBA

RPGs & MMOs - TBA

Unique Games - TBA

Guide Creators:

@Font|NCO| - Paragon

|SLDR | Smite - God Guides

@SirPie | JNCO | Playerunknown's Battlegrounds

@Progenetor_li |MBR | Smite

@Trey, @Cablenerd, @AllStarr24, @CowardlyViking, @Dinekes, @Serene, @SilentWolf251, @Progenetor_li, @norokin @ASDFChampion @Booyah @Lumi

Hey everyone! If you are getting this notification it is because are apart of the News/Guide Team! As the new Head of the News Team I am changing some things around and start the section up again.

If you would like to continue being apart of the team please let me know below or in a PM. I know some of the information needs to be changed, so let me know if I haven't updating yours yet. If you do not contact me by June 1st, you will be removed from the Team. 

@Serene I'm still wanna be special part of the News Team

@Serene I'm still around to write, I think the graphics side is easing off a bit now so I should have some extra time.

1 minute ago, CowardlyViking said:

@Serene I'm still around to write, I think the graphics side is easing off a bit now so I should have some extra time.

I will add you to the list, which part of the news/guide team were you looking to be on? It doesn't like you were ever added to the thread but you are apart of the team.

Just now, Serene said:

I will add you to the list, which part of the news/guide team were you looking to be on?

I'm either a writer or proofreader for news, whichever is needed more. I can probably do interviews if needs be as well, although I doubt I have any game skills at a high enough level to do a guide.

I just thought, as I'm an English teacher, I was tempted to make a little English grammar/language section for our non-English speaking members. Would that fall under here? I would still need Booyah approval I think.

I'm looking to find someone to replace my role for the guides in HotS. Once I do that though I'll still want to be a part of the team. Perhaps an interviewer. 

2 minutes ago, CowardlyViking said:

I'm either a writer or proofreader for news, whichever is needed more. I can probably do interviews if needs be as well, although I doubt I have any game skills at a high enough level to do a guide.

I will add you as a writer for now, since I know you have written reviews before. Before adding you for proofreading or interviewing I would like to train you in those positions to ensure you know what you would be doing in those positions. Let me know when you are free for training and I am willing to help. It can be anytime soon or when you are ready!

Just now, Serene said:

I will add you as a writer for now, since I know you have written reviews before. Before adding you for proofreading or interviewing I would like to train you in those positions to ensure you know what you would be doing in those positions. Let me know when you are free for training and I am willing to help. It can be anytime soon or when you are ready!

I should point out that I do work occasionally as a professional proofreader =D 

Just now, CowardlyViking said:

I should point out that I do work occasionally as a professional proofreader =D 

Of course, I just want to talk about procedures of when it needs to be done, etc. 

Just now, Serene said:

Of course, I just want to talk about procedures of when it needs to be done, etc. 

My bad, misunderstood there. Also I like to brag sometimes.

Just now, CowardlyViking said:

My bad, misunderstood there. Also I like to brag sometimes.

Haha it's okay. I can message you about it!

4 minutes ago, ASDFChampion said:

I'm looking to find someone to replace my role for the guides in HotS. Once I do that though I'll still want to be a part of the team. Perhaps an interviewer. 

I added you as an Interviewer. I will message you about it as well.

11 minutes ago, CowardlyViking said:

I just thought, as I'm an English teacher, I was tempted to make a little English grammar/language section for our non-English speaking members. Would that fall under here? I would still need Booyah approval I think.

@Booyah is it possible to like a post twice? 

@Serene Psst,  I'm SLDR :^D

Though, I won't be writing any guides with time I have so feel free to remove me from that list

I wôuld like to still be part of the news team as a guide writer for smite 

@Serene Next to my name, and next to Smite, can you put God Guides?  All I'm going to be doing is reviewing new Gods in Smite xD

Edit: Wait, before it said what people did?  What I miss? xD

4 minutes ago, SilentWolf251 said:

@Serene Next to my name, and next to Smite, can you put God Guides?  All I'm going to be doing is reviewing new Gods in Smite xD

Edit: Wait, before it said what people did?  What I miss? xD

I'm pretty sure it always did lol. I will add it.

1 minute ago, Serene said:

I'm pretty sure it always did lol. I will add it.

Thank you!  Can't wait to try that new God!

1 1