Completed came across something weird
1 1

15 posts in this topic

I just read this post on the overwatch forums when theres some sort of aligning thing went wrong... The text in malice's message seems to be leaving the message box.

took a screenshot for good measure.

Is this because of the tag army? I don't remember seeing it before...

Untitled.jpg

@LORDmeSH1NE It's because the format is embedded and adjusted back. So it appears the same width as on Malice's screen

14 minutes ago, Cablenerd said:

@LORDmeSH1NE It's because the format is embedded and adjusted back. So it appears the same width as on Malice's screen

when i saw this in recent posts all i could think was: yes cablenerd is weird :-)

more specifically this is a common issue when you copy+paste, @Sara is this on your fix-it list, or is it something we're stuck with if we chose to copy+paste?

10 minutes ago, Muidar said:

when i saw this in recent posts all i could think was: yes cablenerd is weird :-)

As soon as I saw in my notifications that you quoted me in this topic, I so knew you would say that.

Muidar likes this

3 hours ago, LORDmeSH1NE said:

I just read this post on the overwatch forums when theres some sort of aligning thing went wrong... The text in malice's message seems to be leaving the message box.

took a screenshot for good measure.

Is this because of the tag army? I don't remember seeing it before...

Untitled.jpg

Looks fine on my screen... 

good to know this is at least something you already know about. I was just wondering i it might be something on my end. No worries anyways it's not really impactful in the slightest anyways I figure I at least let you guys know ^^

iQtEsRO.png

That is something you guys have to do. There's nothing for me to do since you guys, when you copy paste, are formatting your post exactly how you're telling the system you want it. If you don't want it to be your screen length you have to tell it to not do that by doing remove formatting. This is a WYSIWYG editor. When you copy paste it will try to preserve every single aspect, including where the text is, size, width, etc.

PurpleGoose likes this

15 hours ago, Malice said:

My guess is you use ultrawide screens. You have to do remove formatting as it will never look good on anyone else's screen.

1 hour ago, Sara said:

My guess is you use ultrawide screens. You have to do remove formatting as it will never look good on anyone else's screen.

2048x1152... I think that is still 16:9

For the record though, for anyone using the dark theme, this is what it looks like when people copy paste and don't remove formatting since it's even smaller than other themes.

WE2lCCC.png

Yeah, the original colour sticks, looks really dodgy

18 hours ago, Malice said:

It also looks fine on my screen.

Just now, Serene said:

Hey, come jump into overwatch on EU! We need one more for a 6v6!

Rebel1705 likes this

14 hours ago, Serene said:

Absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence :P Not being able to see the problem doesn't mean it's not there. You both probably use a very similar resolution and the same theme therefore it will look the same. Other people on different themes (like myself), or at different resolutions will see it messed up.

Try clearing cookies in your browser or try the marauder website on another browser, i am having zero issues on Chrome, i stopped using Firefox a long time ago since it has a pissload of issues