Programs keep freezing

8 posts in this topic

Hey people!

So lately i've been having an issue on my computer where, my programs all seem to stop responding. wether i'm playing HotS, or on FB or watching youtube, anything i do, even the task manager, will stop responding for about 30 seconds, sometimes crash/shut down and then resume working normally. anybody have any experience with this type of problem? i've searched the web and none of the solutions are helping me

any help is greatly appreciated! :)

@IndiasMafia mentioned that there is problem with Java right now that caused his computer to act like this. I think he ended up having to disable java and then uninstall the program. That fixed his issue.

i actually do not have java installed. i did a factory reset to try to fix it (i do these anyways every year to make sure my computers stay in tip-top shape) and never re-installed java. after about a few weeks after i re-installed my programs and drivers, it started doing it's stuff again

So a lot of the times drivers conflict with each other or are just bad. I have a few drivers in my motherboard that if i update them they will break my computer. Dont know why, so next time you reformate just install one driver at a time and once ur computer starts lagging again whatever the last driver you installed probably broke it.

The way i knew it was java, in task manager java opened like 1000 instances of jave web services. Overusing my ram

well, this issue started about a few weeks ago where i was just playing wow like usual, nothing un-usual installed or anything, and just playing when it first stopped responding, i didn't think much of it, it was pretty late, so i shut wow down and went to sleep. the next day i hopped on wow again, and the thing kept freezing, and resuming, then freezing, then resuming. it was like clockwork, thought there might have been a virus or issue, so i did a bunch of scans, and stuff, nothing came up, so i said screw it and did a reset, wiped everything, both harddrives and re-installed windows 10 then did drivers. that worked for about a couple days when the problem came back. like it's seriously annoying me. i'm gonna post some screenshots next time it happens

Memory going bad or hard drive, i have seen this before, run a memtest and a heavyload, if those pass then you might want to backup your stuff cuz your HD is about to go out

I agree with Vortexware, memory or hdd is going bad. Luckily both are cheap enough fixes! Good luck with your troubleshooting