List of authors and some of their books

30 posts in this topic

On 8/15/2015 at 9:39 AM, Booyah said:

Steven Erickson: Malazan Book of the Fallen Series

On 8/15/2015 at 9:48 PM, Vodopindoll said:

The Malazan series is fantastic, blows J R Tolkien outta the water, I have the entire series in paper AND digital lol.

I tried, but failed to get into the Malazan Series. I couldn't even get through the first book. Maybe someone can help me understand where I went wrong.

I felt like there were so many characters it was impossible to keep track of them. By the time the author made his 7th or 8th setting jump I just lost track of the story. It's supposed to be about an Empire, but I couldn't wrap my head around what felt like random half finished short stories. 

Who were the Characters? What motivated the characters? Why aren't the characters connected at all? :question:

Remember that Monty Python line, "And Now for Something Completely Different!"  That was what the story felt like to me. Except there were no jokes.

On 8/17/2015 at 2:10 AM, Gutts said:

Karsa and Coltaine are my fav from the Malazan books. :)

The characters I met in book 1 just disappeared never to be heard from again. Were Karsa and Coltaine recurring characters?

I recommend Caine Chronicles by Rick Riordan.

He also made Percy Jacksson and the new ones about Magnus Chase, its Ancient Mythology with a mix of today.

Language is appropriate for English Children and Teenagers but for both english and non-english speaker, its a good and easy read if you like Mythology.

On 8/18/2015 at 8:31 AM, Booyah said:

I miss The Hunter D:

Same. He just isn't the same as he was in the earlier books. 😭

On 8/15/2015 at 7:39 AM, Booyah said:

The Don't ever fucking reads: 

Inheritance Quadrilogy by Paolini

Why? it's one of my favorites of all time. great build to it to allow kids to grow with the book and he gets better as an author as the series progressed. btw it's the Inheritance Cycle

Hawk and Fisher/Blue Moon series by Simon R. Green is really good if you can find copies for it. Dune by Frank Herbert is of course a classic. Tales of the Black Company series by Glen Cook is really dark and grimy fiction series that has really good twists on a Mercenary company with a lot of high fantasy action. if you are looking for quick reads take a look at T. A. Barron's Merlin Series. The Summoner Trilogy by Taran Matharu was a good quick read also though it could have ended a bit better.

I also recommend all of Rick Riordan's books, but everyone seems to agree on that lol