My thoughts on Ana after playing dozen games.
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hey people, today Ana's price was reduced to regular 10 000, so I got her.
And to be honest, I'm a bit dissapointed.

Why? Well, several reasons. They introduced her in time when they want to move away from double support, yet her grenade is mostly about that. Also it's a support with dreadful waveclear + minor self-healing.

Not to mention the strain that her abilities put on player, having to constantly heal teammates with Q. My first impressions gave vibe of Lt. Morales prior to change ("only" meaningful purpose is healing), but at least with ol' Morales you had to think about positioning, not about healing itself, really big deal with old level 20 Trait talent, since if you didn't take damage, you gained shields and mana.
Also, one minor thing is how you perceive Q. For me, I feel more annoyed when I miss, than when I heal, and that's kind of her thing.

There are some other minor things, like some talents that look cool, but are just bad (level 1 revolving around 5 doses and level 4 trait talents), but those can be easily fixed.

On a plus side, when you complete sleep dart talent on 1, you can use Q for 'painless' checking of bushes from far away, which is nice feature.

I just don't feel that she is (at least in Quick Match) meaningful hero, nor that fun.

Am I only one who thinks that currently Ana is more on a failed design side?

Ana's fine if you build around her. As most heroes being released now, you need to have a playstyle or comp in mind.

We usually run her with our team. She's really good.

Any tips on what should 'ideal' composition look like? To me it more feels like it depends more on enemy team than yours. 

Double support. Her grenade boosts healing. We usually like her with a Rehgar or Lucio. Lucio mostly for speed, but if we have double warrior and Greymane or something than Rehgar. Khara isn't bad either for his Ws following a grenade.

She's incredible when you get used to her. Her sleep dart is incredibly annoying, and is great at peeling.

SleepySheepy likes this

Obviously everyone has their own style and we all differ on what we enjoy and don't enjoy, so I'm not trying to invalidate your opinion, but for me personally, I couldn't disagree more. For me she is far and away *THE* most fun support in the game. And doing mostly QM, I feel like I can have more of an impact with her than any other supports also (Obviously baring those epic Ancestral saves or some good Divine Intervention saves). It's her range. When my team mate extends too far I can get them out of some hairy situations, because I can kite away from a safe distance and still get strong heals on them. Plus I can talent into either reducing the enemy CC or just flat out boosting their move speed to help the escape. Then I can peel with my sleep dart. Usually there is a line of greedy idiots chasing my overextended mate, so I sleep dart will sleep a couple of the closest ones. She almost never has issues with mana. I can sustain through some absurd team fights. I'm typically able to do more than sufficient to solo heal a QM (of course she'd struggle to solo support in organized play, but most of those games are going to be double support at this point anyway). I'd play Ana every game if I could. Love her feel and love her kit. ASDF, if you guys need a backup Ana, I'm your guy. lol

1 1