Competitve overwatch
1 1

9 posts in this topic

im wondering if anyone here is playing the competitive playlist. im currently in the gold teir, and im finding that most of the community is incredibly toxic and i mostly get into games where someone on my team starts trolling almost instantly, and no one wants to work together and everyone just wants to play the heroes they want to play and its frustrating. if anyone wants to play together hit me up 

Sloth#1134

i was 50 sr off of gold last season, still haven't done my placements due to how stupidly bad my DPS players tend to be. i'm down to play a couple of games! (also <3 yugioh)

IMO best way to level up is to play a LOT with one other person.

I recently got back up to Plat by getting carried by @BasicallyToast.

I also was able to get @SuzyQ up to Silver with my secondary acct (which is now 2300).

Whenever we had a party larger than three, we lost more than we won. When we played just together, we would lose 1 game to every 3 or 4 we played.
When you get to groups larger than three, then you start going against full teams of people who usually practice a lot more together than you do ;)

@Sloth When you are playing with another team, remember that the nicer and more willing you are to switch to another role, the more likely you are to win. Being hostile/unwilling to switch can cause toxicity. Try being super positive about the game. If you lose a portion, try to keep remaining positive. Remember, the game is never over until it is over. Also remember that when you are winning. I have been on both sides of a complete reverse sweep of a competitive game.

TL;DR:  Anything can happen in a game. Try to stay positive and stick with smaller parties.

@Fraejix you do your fair share of carrying too. I know first hand. :D

I do have to agree with him though on pretty much everything. 3 seems to be the line you can have in a party and still get matched "fairly" I guess. I personally have an issue with remaining positive when I lose a round but I'm working on that one myself. xD

I sent you a request through @Sloth I'd be happy to catch some games if we can. 

I was placed in Diamond yesterday.

13 hours ago, Aiuko said:

I was placed in Diamond yesterday.

On Ami?

Interesting... Carry me plz :D

1 hour ago, Fraejix said:

On Ami?

Interesting... Carry me plz :D

Your way to heavy to get carried B)

Fraejix likes this

10 minutes ago, Roughknite said:

Your way to heavy to get carried B)