3 posts in this topic

Hey ya'll! i'm looking to get a new GPU and i've been trying to get a 1060. however because of current situations, 1060 may be out of my budget. what is something that is fairly priced but will be able to run games like GTA5 and whatnot. anybody have any reccomendations for something good priced but good? (i'm not looking for top of the line. anything that could run 95% of games on low-medium)

So if you have to go down a bracket the 1050ti is your next best bet and it seems its gta v benchmark with settings maxed in 1080p averages 45-50fps. Which means you can turn some things down and work with that. However for future proofing i would say wait a bit, save the moneys and grab a 1060. Preferably with the 6g memory on it. Its looking like 220 is the price for a 3g model and 270 is the price for a 6g model. The 1050ti seems to be about $150.

Now AMDs choices for your bracket boil down to a 460/560 and the more expensive 470/570. The 560 runs about $100 but is abput 20%-30% less performance than a 1050ti while the 570 SHOULD run 200-230 however I guess amd is having trouble keeping these in stock and atm are being price gouged for $400. If you want something a bit cheaper while offering similar performance you could look into the 570 supposing you find it for the price it should be at. 

I suggest saving $25-$50 a paycheck and springing for a 570 or 1060 6gb model vice the 1050ti just due to the future proofing at 1080p those 2 offer. But its all up to you.

Roughknite likes this

Def agree with @Renolts on this one.

Renolts likes this