Having problems with Lawbreakers
1 1

27 posts in this topic

I purchased Lawbreakers recently but I'm having problems keeping it running. It all goes smoothly in customs when I'm playing by myself but as soon as I go online the game crashes after 1 minute. I get fps drops or anything, I'm having around 100fps all the time but suddenly it all just goes down without a warning. Is my gear too outdated? My CPU goes to around 67-69 degrees and GPU to 50 when I play. Does the game crash due to overheating? Below are my specs:

 

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64

CPU: AMD FX6350 (3,9GHz)

GPU: NVDIA GTX660 2047MB

RAM: 3x4GB HyperX Savage DDR3 2133MHz

Motherboard: ASUSTek M5A97

 

Can't recall my power source.

 

I really like that game so hebl me pls :0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @Cablenerd are you running the game on medium settings? Your specs are the minimum recommended I would play around with the settings to see if it runs better lowering. I'm downloading the game now and would be able to tell you how it runs later today. @Darkness already tried it, maybe he can tell you if he had to fix something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was on high first, then I lowered to medium and then to lowest possible. There was no difference with performance or the problem itself. No matter any setting, it would still shut down after a minute. CPU usage was around 60-70% all the time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you open your task manager do you have any apps running? In my old PC if the CPU usage went over 80% it closed the app using more, I never knew why or how to fix it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, guacgaming said:

If you open your task manager do you have any apps running? In my old PC if the CPU usage went over 80% it closed the app using more, I never knew why or how to fix it 

Apart from Chrome, this is what I've had open at the time of crashing

http://prntscr.com/g7nay5

 

And this is what my CPU usage looks like while I'm in the menus

http://prntscr.com/g7nbci

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And this is just after crashing. The crash can been seen in the CPU usage history

http://prntscr.com/g7nd7j

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's weird @Cablenerd it shouldn't be crashing, have you checked the lawbreakers forums to see if anyone else is having the same problem? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found some people having the same problem but no real answer. Someone suggested checking if NVIDIA drivers need updating, which they might, but people running on AMD have been facing the same problem.

 

@guacgaming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read in the forums that someone fixed the exact same problem by locking the fps to 75FPS @Cablenerd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, guacgaming said:

I just read in the forums that someone fixed the exact same problem by locking the fps to 75FPS

I have it locked to 71, so I'm not exactly sure that would help. I'll try updating the drivers first and the if that won't do it I'll set the fps limit to 75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cablenerd said:

I have it locked to 71, so I'm not exactly sure that would help. I'll try updating the drivers first and the if that won't do it I'll set the fps limit to 75

According to this guy he had it locked to 60 and it was giving him the problem, and once he changed it to 75 it started working. Hopefully you can fix it with that too. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful 

Trúden likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, guacgaming said:

According to this guy he had it locked to 60 and it was giving him the problem, and once he changed it to 75 it started working. Hopefully you can fix it with that too. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful 

Hmmh, then I'll try that as well. No need to be sorry, thanks for your help :D 

guacgaming likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully you can get it fixed the games running great . I want to creat a competitive team for the game and find people who will help start up the section for the game . If you guys are interested please let me know . I don't want to section lead the game with Destiny 2 being so close unless I have too but I definitely would work in growing it and staff it . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update driver and lock fps to 75 is the only fix . But if you get on there discord the devs are very quick to check bugs and answer questions live . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Darkness said:

Hopefully you can get it fixed the games running great . I want to creat a competitive team for the game and find people who will help start up the section for the game . If you guys are interested please let me know . I don't want to section lead the game with Destiny 2 being so close unless I have too but I definitely would work in growing it and staff it . 

Yea I hope I can fix it as well. I could probably lead it once my military service is over (30 days)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Cablenerd said:

Yea I hope I can fix it as well. I could probably lead it once my military service is over (30 days)

I definitely can get it started if someone's willing to take over eventually

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Darkness I am definitely interested in helping out with the section. I just finished downloading the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Darkness said:

I definitely can get it started if someone's willing to take over eventually

So would our plan be that we'll co-start it and you'll take the lead of it? Then when you want to give the lead over or I get out of army I'll start leading it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can happily inform you two, @Darkness and @guacgaming, that locking to 75fps and updating the drivers fixed the crashing!!

 

I'm going to use Razer Cortex as a performance booster to avoid all further possible fps drops and crashes so it should run like a dream

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nevermind, crashing started again. I guess my GPU can't handle it at all as it has crashed twice today. I was able to play one game smoothly and after that I was back at the starting point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try reverting to a later update on your drivers that some times help @Cablenerd . The plan would be that you and  @guacgaming would work together to run it . One of you could Lead the section and the other could OFCR the section if it grows . Ill work on getting it started with Guacgaming and then when you get back u can team up with him . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darkness said:

Try reverting to a later update on your drivers that some times help @Cablenerd . The plan would be that you and  @guacgaming would work together to run it . One of you could Lead the section and the other could OFCR the section if it grows . Ill work on getting it started with Guacgaming and then when you get back u can team up with him . 

Gotcha, I'll try get it fixed somehow. It could be just some cooling problems, I don't really know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think this section ever got started up... @Cablenerd and @guacgaming you guys still interested tho?

Did you ever get your crashing fixed @Cablenerd?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fraejix said:

I don't think this section ever got started up... @Cablenerd and @guacgaming you guys still interested tho?

Did you ever get your crashing fixed @Cablenerd?

I didn't get it fixed, I got it solved though. My PC is way too outdated. Impossible to maintain a section if I can't even play the game longer than 10-15 minutes...

 

Also, the playerbase plummeted after a recent patch. Went from 7-8k to 70-80 players a day. I don't see a favourable future for that game in the near future, maybe in a year or so the playerbase is larger. But now is not the time for Lawbreakers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
1 1